Thursday, August 5, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is...


There is something magical about slip covering...It makes an old piece of furniture come back to life...Slip covers are easy to learn to do, if you give yourself a chance...And let your creativity guide you...I was surprised that I could do it! But I took a chance and learned something new...

It may not be slip covering for you...Maybe it is painting a piece of furniture a fun and unexpected color...Or learning to take professional photos to frame and display in your home...It doesn't matter what it is...It just matters that YOU believe in yourself enough to try! ;)


I slip covered this chair for a client...I have to say wing backs are harder than some of the other styles I have slip covered. But I loved the challenge! Though, my family would probably tell you that I lost sleep and sewed a few fingers together...lol



My slip covers are not perfect...But to me that is perfect...I love to see imperfect furniture... Life is not perfect, so why should our furniture be...I love furniture that looks like it has a history...a story...a place to call home...

XOXO, Screaming Meme

6 comments:

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!
Wow, I would love to be able to do that. How did you learn? Trial and error or a class? Or both? Ha ha
Lovely!
Joyce

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

I love this one! Wing backs are my favorite style of chair slipcovered. It looks like a dropcloth? I'm getting ready to cover a wing chair in dropcloths next! Wish me luck!
Kelly

Pine Tree Home said...

It's looking so very good. I am still tackling my itty bitty slipper chair, but am learning loads. So funny that you posted today ---just gotta jump in and try it. Amazes me what we are capable of.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Looks great! I love the ruffle! Been wondering what you've been up to...now I know...creating.....

Lou Cinda :)

juls4real said...

Absolutely impressive. She is a sassy and pretty chair. Well done.

Juls

The Style Sisters said...

So glad to know you are back and so very sorry to hear about your sisters stroke :( She is so young to have had that. I look forward to seeing more of your great work on the blog!

Karin