Saturday, February 27, 2010

Screaming Easy Design Ideas

This is a model home I designed... The antique desk I found was only $50.00...I painted it an olive green.... And added a large crystal knob... It is so much prettier in person...I got a lot of compliments on her... She even made the local newspaper...Not the headlines, of course ;) I added stripe curtains for a little whimsy~ The builders wanted a more masculine look... The dining table belonged to the builder...He wanted me use it in the model home...


  • Glass is a great option when you are selling a home...It makes the room appear a lot bigger...

The chandy was only $160.00 at Home Depot...


  • I added trim around the bottoms of the shades...Easy idea to do with any lampshade...You can go as fancy as you like!


  • A great idea if you have an old chandy...Repaint it! Almost any color would look great...For a cottage look, you could wrap some greenery around it...Or add to the chandy, like an antique garland of spoons, crystals or anything that would make the chandy POP, If they don't have shades, you may want to add them...

I have made some really beautiful chandeliers...They are fun to redesign...The color I choose for this space is Earthy Ocher...You can find it @ Lowe's or Pittsburgh Paints...What I love about model homes, is that they are not over done....

Simple...Relaxing...Easy to maintain... Life is complicated enough, right? :)

What kind of home do you like? Are you simple girl?...Are you a knickknacker? Or in the closet hoarder? ;)






XoXo, Screaming Meme

18 comments:

Connie said...

Meme, post larger photos, sugar. I can hardly see that picture and would love to see it up close. I'm sure it's gorgeous!!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The room looks gorgeous. Good for you, very classic. Hugs, Marty PS, I would like larger pics too.

Screaming Meme said...

Connie, I don't know why I can't get this one to display larger...I will see if I can find the original CD it was on...It is a beautiful room...They sold that house...I miss visiting it...:) I still do drive bys, though!

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Hello Meme. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it took so long for me to get over here & say hello. :)

I will let you know when I get my new cubboard done. Probably while my kids go skiing in 2 weeks will be the perfect time to do it.

Jamie Mori said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Nice blog you've got going on here as well. Thanks, Jamie

myletterstoemily said...

hi meme,

nice to meet you and thank you for
the kind invitation to come visit.

you are VERY funny, which i rate way
above photos.

lucky for me, you have those, too.

love your style and will be back to copy
everything you do...:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Meme!
Thanks so much for dropping by Rebel Blossom...I love to meet new friends! I'm off to check out your older posts...but from what I can see you are quite the design Diva :) xx
Mind if I follow?

Cindy said...

Hi MeMe,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for inviting me over to yours. I love Design blogs. Your photo is very beautiful. I love cottage decorating and it goes well in my home that was built in 1927.
Now I'm off to check ou the rest of your blog.
Hugs, Cindy S

Cindy said...

Hi MeMe,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for inviting me over to yours. I love Design blogs. Your photo is very beautiful. I love cottage decorating and it goes well in my home that was built in 1927.
Now I'm off to check ou the rest of your blog.
Hugs, Cindy S

Chris Kauffman said...

its nice to hear from you again , thanks for stopping by.

Jen T said...

That is a very cool room! I love the colors...I'm a knickknacker myself..I have to self edit ever so often b/c I get a little out of control...oh, well, it keeps me off the streets!

Trish D said...

Nice meeting you! I'm a clutterbug, working hard to streamline things into a more pleasing, somewhat cottage-y aesthetic. (That's a fancy way of saying my house is still a bit of a hot mess, but I have big ideas :)

The room is lovely - I really like the green desk. I need to be more adventurous with colors!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great job on the room....love the colors in it. Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.
Penny

Julie said...

Meme, its so nice to meet you, and thank you for the invite. Nice photo's and I will return!

beth said...

Hi Meme. Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving the sweet comment. I love your style, as well, and love your blog. I will go add you to my blogroll. :)
Hope you have a great day! Beth.

Barbara said...

Meme, Thanks for all the great ideas.

Barbara

Stacey said...

What a gorgeous room! It's interesting to me to see the way you dressed that window. I have a similar window with plantation shutters. It's hard to decide what to do with those arches sometimes.

Love the green desk!

Brenda Pruitt said...

You've got some "screaming" good ideas going here! I'm from Tyler, by the way. Oh, and if you want to easily do the big pics, you might try Windows Live Writer to write your posts on and upload to Blogger to publish. That's how I do it, have been nearly a year, and love it!
Brenda